Monday, December 29, 2014

Is this the end?

I did not start out writing these posts as a means to entertain anyone in particular, or, in general for that matter. But, so it would seem, any one thing that begins as "introspective," evolves into something else, something "bigger" and, by virtue of its size, it reaches out to many, whether that was its intention or not.

I love this blog and I have enjoyed sharing my thoughts and feelings with all of you about too many topics to consider just now. But, I think that it is time for a new chapter, both literally and figuratively. And so, this is my last entry on this site. I have decided to compile many of these entries, along with a whole new "slew" of my rather disquieting thoughts into a book. I will, most likely, publish it as an ebook first and then I will begin to sort through the process of putting it all together as a bigger project. I am also going to include some material that I did not want to publish here on the internet as a blog "post," some material that requires a different kind of formatting. In addition, when I do publish the ebook and it begins to sell, and I am assured that it will (we don't need to go there), please know that I will always, indefinitely, donate a portion of any money made to one of my favorite non-profit groups, those who work toward a cure, toward understanding, toward eliminating hunger and thirst, toward deepening my love and respect for humankind.

Lately, in the news, there have been stories of extreme violence, despair and, of personal heartbreak. While I would like to comment on all of these individually and as a whole, I think that these issues are also best addressed in a different format, perhaps for a more selective audience. I would like to say though that, as a person, I try very hard to look at each person as an individual, rather than as part of a group. And, there are a lot of abhorrent, disturbed and cruel individuals in our society; some stand on the street corner, some stand in an office or as the leader of a group and some stand in the House and in the Senate. I try very hard not to let this sway my overall opinion of the human race and how much good there still is and can be. I try, and, like you, sometimes I fail and I cry out for vengeance and sacrifice. I have to remind myself of the good because without it, what is the point of going on? Without good, there is no hope and to live a hopeless life, well, just look around you, people do it every day. I don't want to live that way and I don't want my children to have to either.

Thank you for your kind comments and your generosity in all of the endeavors that I have, sometimes rather ungraciously, wrapped you in; you seemed to accept this facet of my personality as an "that's just the way she is" fact. Thank you for taking the time to read these posts and for allowing me a place to vent and cry and laugh, albeit virtually... Thank you for asking for more, and if you continue to do so, I will write more and I will let you know when and where. If you are reading this for the first time or, if you have been reading this blog and haven't joined, please click Join so that I can forward you a new URL and/or the title of the book when it is finished. If not, no harm either way. Almost 5 years of entries and, it is time to change direction...

Take care of one another, of the environment, of children, of animals, of yourselves. Be kind when warranted and, if need be, tell people to "Go to Hell" or "Fuck off" whichever one of those is more appropriate. I have made many mistakes and I will continue to do so and, above all, I sincerely hope that you are along with me for the rest of the ride as I do.

Be honest, sincere, have integrity and for Fuck's sake... READ more! That is for you Mr. Bell...

All my love for a good year for us all.

This last entry is dedicated to two very important people; the first is a woman who probably doesn't know how much of an influence she had on me when I was growing up. I think of her every day and pray for her health. Jessica Comeaux Burden, one of the loveliest human beings ever to walk this earth - I love you very much. And, the second is a man who won't read this, but who knows, who has always known how much I respect and love him because he is one of the most kind, gentle and warm people I have ever had the privilege to know, my father in law, Thomas Hawley. I admire and love him more than I can say.

Be well. Hope to see you soon...

Yvette Hawley
El Camino College



No comments:

Post a Comment